Organizational Development Specialist
Who We Are
Growald Family Fund’s mission is to catalyze climate innovation and leadership through venture philanthropy. We support a portfolio of organizations poised to create an outsized impact on carbon emissions and climate change through a combination of grants and organizational support. We work in partnership internationally with like-minded foundations and nonprofit partners as well as academic and policy research institutions through strategic convenings, research and network leadership.
Growald Family Fund (GFF) is operated by a small, tightly-knit team. We work to scope out and scale new grantees and new opportunities, create partnerships, and work with partner foundations to strengthen the philanthropic community’s response to the climate crisis. Our team is composed of passionate, dedicated, and highly flexible individuals.
The Organizational Development Specialist will work with our portfolio of rockstars, helping them scale their organizations and achieve maximum impact. This is a position designed to work with our portfolio and help them achieve success. The Organizational Development Specialist provides support to our grantees on an individualized basis, as well as supporting cross-portfolio and network learning.
These organizations are dealing with all the classic issues of start-ups: growing a team, developing systems, refining priorities, building a compelling business plan that will raise funds, etc. while at the same time addressing the climate crisis. The Organizational Development Specialist will support grantees in both organizational strengthening as well as with their business/strategic planning both directly as a coach/mentor and through identification and deployment of specialized consultants as needed. Support includes areas such as leadership coaching, strategy refinement, human resource planning, developing finance and management plans, identifying metrics, and creating a robust fundraising strategy. In addition, the position will foster opportunities for cross-portfolio learning and collaboration.
You are a great fit for this role if:
You are a born entrepreneur
- You have a proven record in business/strategic plan consulting.
- You have extensive experience in strategic, organizational and programmatic planning – goals and metrics, work plans, business plans, fundraising strategies.
- You enjoy connecting with and supporting organizational leaders, particularly nonprofits.
- You are an outstanding mentor and coach.
You love developing and supporting a sense of community
- You are excited about the idea of building a cohort of grantees that can share experiences, and experienced with facilitating peer learning.
- You have experience facilitating meetings and events.
- You are adept at developing trainings and creating training materials for our staff and our broader network of partners.
- You enjoy strengthening leadership/talent pipelines.
You love being part of a team
- You are highly collaborative and have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- You are experienced and comfortable working in an international, multicultural community.
- You thrive in a focused, quiet, and small office environment.
- You are passionate, focused, and bring your unique perspective to our diverse team.
You are passionate about addressing climate change
- You have a demonstrated interest in the mission and values of the Growald Family Fund and interest in reducing climate change impact.
- You have an understanding and appreciation of intersectionality between climate change and other social issues
You are thoughtful, analytical, and a great communicator
- You have excellent communication skills, particularly writing.
- You have excellent research and analytical skills, including demonstrated ability to collect and summarize complex material into written documents and/or presentations.
- You have strong organizational and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- You have a proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and be a creative problem-solver.
- You have the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- You are highly proficient in Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters preferred, with major in a relevant discipline such as business administration, non-profit management, or public administration
- 5+ years of experience, including nonprofit experience and extensive experience business planning and building/strengthening organizations
- Experience as a consultant, ideally with nonprofits
- Authorization to work permanently in the US
- Ability to travel significantly, including international travel
- Ability to be on early morning and late evening phone calls/meetings with international grantees and partners
- Skilled in one or more languages from the South Asian, East Asian or South-East Asian region preferred, ideally Mandarin
Employees are rewarded with a competitive benefit packages which include:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Medical and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Transportation subsidy
- Professional growth and development opportunities
Please apply here. Desired start date is June 2020 with flexible start date. This position will remain open until filled. Please upload your application with your resume, letter of interest and two writing samples here. This is a full-time position based in Brookline, MA.
Growald Family Fund is committed to the principles of inclusion and diversity, and does not discriminate against individuals based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.