Philanthropic Network Coordinator
Who We Are
Growald Family Fund’s mission is to catalyze climate innovation and leadership through venture philanthropy. We support a portfolio of organizations poised to create an outsized impact on carbon emissions and climate change through a combination of grants and organizational support. We work in partnership internationally with like-minded foundations and nonprofit partners as well as academic and policy research institutions through strategic convenings, research and network leadership.
Growald Family Fund is operated by a small, tightly-knit team. We work to scope out and scale new grantees and new opportunities, create partnerships, and work with partner foundations to strengthen the philanthropic community’s response to the climate crisis. Our team is composed of passionate, dedicated, and highly flexible individuals.
Growald Family Fund is seeking a full-time Philanthropic Network Coordinator to facilitate Growald’s growing community of 40+ philanthropic partners. This is a new position that will lead on communications, event planning, data tracking/analysis, and relationship tracking for our network program. The Philanthropic Network Coordinator will directly report to the Executive Director, and is a core member of the strategy/program team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced network facilitator. It is the perfect role for someone who is highly organized, energetic, a natural networker/convener/connector, and passionate about climate. This position does require periodic travel (including international) for conferences, trainings, and convenings (approximately 3-5 overnights per year).
You are a great fit for this role if:
You love community engagement and managing events
- You love planning events and see meetings as experiences to be shaped and cultivated for optimal outcomes.
- You have extensive experience in event management from inception to agenda planning to complex onsite logistics.
- You have a passion for organization and details – from one day gatherings to a year-long webinar series, to an annual meeting of over 140 global attendees.
- You are adept at coordinating and facilitating learning communities within a network or organizations.
- You have the ability oversee the development of effective event materials such as agendas and presentations.
- You are excited to engage with network members to organize, plan and source new ideas.
- You enjoy supporting others and ensuring all presenters and participants have what they need to be successful, particularly in an inter-cultural community.
You love building and managing relationships
- You are a people person who loves to make connections, weave networks, and look for opportunities to bring people together.
- You enjoy working and have experience with relationship management systems to track network members, resources, and programs.
- You are skilled at researching and developing materials on prospective partners for staff and board members.
- You are able to support board members, the Executive Director and network partners.
- You are able to capture, build and nurture a growing community of funders, engaging with ~50 leaders and laying the groundwork for the network to expand and increase its impact.
You love the art of communicating
- You have outstanding communication skills: both oral and written and interpersonal.
- You enjoy creating well-crafted documents and materials for key events and network partners.
- You enjoy coaching others on how to best present, create agendas and communicate across the network.
- You understand and are comfortable navigating the unique culture of the philanthropic, foundation and nonprofit community.
You love data
- You enjoy tracking information, and compiling it in interesting ways.
- You have experience in data collection – by phone, forms, surveys etc.
- You are able to analyze and present data in clear, accessible formats.
You love being part of a team
- You are highly collaborative and have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- You are experienced and comfortable working in an international, multicultural community. Ideally, you are multilingual, with Asian languages preferred.
- You have a proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and be a creative problem-solver.
- You have experience working with others in the philanthropy and the nonprofit sector, and ideally with the climate field.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience that demonstrates your ability to build and grow a network – community organizer, event planner, entrepreneur, network manager, development director, to name a few.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Highly skilled with Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite including Powerpoint and Excel, CRM databases, virtual meeting software
Please apply here. In your cover letter, please explain what motivates you to work with Growald Family Fund, and how your experience, skills and commitment will advance our mission. This is a full-time position based in Brookline, MA. Growald Family Fund offers excellent benefits and a rewarding work environment.
Growald Family Fund is committed to the principles of inclusion and diversity, and does not discriminate against individuals based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.