Who we are
Growald Family Fund’s mission is to catalyze climate innovation and leadership through venture philanthropy. We support a portfolio of organizations poised to create an outsized impact on carbon emissions and climate change through a combination of grants and organizational support. We work in partnership internationally with like-minded foundations and nonprofit partners as well as academic and policy research institutions through strategic convenings, research and network leadership.
Growald Family Fund is operated by a small, tightly-knit team. We work to scope out and scale new grantees and new opportunities, create partnerships, and work with partner foundations to strengthen the philanthropic community’s response to the climate crisis. Our diverse team is composed of passionate, dedicated, and highly flexible individuals.
As the Administrative Coordinator you will support the GFF team with managing administrative responsibilities. This is a key position that will enable the delivery of our programs in an efficient and timely manner--and in climate philanthropy, time matters. It is the perfect role for someone who is highly organized, possesses intuitive communication skills, and is a quick learner and enthusiastic doer. We are looking for someone who is highly experienced in administration and eager to apply this experience to a world changing mission?
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You love organizing and have a passion for details
- You love organizing meetings and events: staff meetings, conferences, webinars and conference calls and ensuring every detail is accurate and precise. You enjoy arranging logistics, communicating details, preparing and distributing materials.
- You are a meticulous planner and have experience managing team travel arrangements (booking flights, hotels, ground transportation, travel receipt processing etc.)
- You work well with Google calendar and have a proven ability for making sure everyone is where they need to be when they need to be there.
- You are thorough and and consistently make sure the office is well-organized and well-stocked with necessary supplies.
Communication is one of your superpowers
- You are great at interacting with people, making them feel welcome and heard.
- You enjoy supporting partners by fielding inquiries and general information requests.
- You value discretion and are able to manage confidential partner information.
- You have outstanding written skills, including the ability to send polite, timely and succinct email communications.
- You are great at taking detailed and organized meeting minutes for key meetings.
You have a passion for organizational technology
- You enjoy training and guiding staff through new technologies or software programs that increase efficiency and communication.
- You enjoy information/document management. You are skilled at organizing documents in Google Drive and have experience with document protocols.
- You are a whiz at Google and Microsoft Office suites, including Google Calendar, Google Docs, and PowerPoint.
- You have experience with customer relationship management systems.
Areas where you shine
- You are resourceful and take initiative. You are proactive and have the ability to follow directions and work independently in a small office environment.
- You are a creative problem-solver and are able to find solutions to unique challenges.
- You feel at home in a multicultural, international environment.
- You love learning and seek out opportunities for growth.
Your experience includes
- At least 3-5 years experience working in administration and operations, preferably in the non-profit space.
- Proven experience managing complex schedules across multiple time zones and with a large number of busy people.
- Experience with conference call scheduling and administration, preferably with Zoom.
- Experience working with VIP’s and supporting their unique needs with tailored professional communication while maintaining sensitivity around privacy.
- Experience with events management and travel arrangements.
- Experience working in an international setting with multilingual people from different countries and cultures.
- Basic knowledge of key issues around climate change is a plus.
- Bilingual preferred.
We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. We also offer a generous benefits package including: 100% paid medical and dental coverage for employee and family, generous paid time off, a retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and more.
Please apply here. In your cover letter, please explain what motivates you to work with Growald Family Fund, and how your experience, skills, and commitment will advance our mission. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline to apply is December 8, 2020. We expect this position to start in mid to late January.
This is a full-time role based in Boston, MA. However it is currently remote until we are back in the office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the power of a diverse community and strongly encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.